Anyone in the Albuquerque area

Anyone in the Albuquerque area

Postby Swithich » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Anyone around Albuquerque looking for a climbing partner?

I'm planning a trip up to the Pecos Wilderness/ Santa Fe National Forest. I'd like at some point this summer to do the "Divide Trail" that runs over Truchas, Chimayoso, and East Pecos to pick up all those 12ers (9 of them or 10 if you count and do Trampas). I estimate it is 30+ miles, so two days and it isn't a loop so I need a second person/second car.

Also looking for a Redondo Peak, Lake Peak, and Santa Fe Baldy partner if anyone is up for a three peak day. Don't know how many miles, but it looks doable with an early start.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

-Swithich
Swithich

Re: Anyone in the Albuquerque area

Postby KentonB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 pm

This isn't directly related to your Santa Fe proposal but... I make sporadic trips to Albuquerque for work (I live in Colorado Springs). I'd be interested in linking up with a "local" down there as I always love to summit a peak or two on trips. PM me if you'd be interested in helping out a Colorado climber who's desperately in need of local beta and maybe a climb or two. :-)
KentonB

Re: Anyone in the Albuquerque area

Postby davebobk47 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 am

I'm back in CO but I still have family in the ABQ area so I'll be headed that way on occasion. I won't have any info on current conditions but I'm familiar with plenty of peaks/routes if you need ideas.
davebobk47

Return to Summit Hikes and Climbs