LOJ LCW PEAK DASH

Postby DSunwall » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:52 pm

1. I tried to make it a LOJ event, those 14Wers are pretty set in their ways, even Kevin posted the trip report over there and not here at all apparently :roll:

2. I doubt we can continue to destroy the record but if the possibility looks good why not.
I would have to look at that Tarryall Traverse, sounds like some pretty serious bushwhacking to that one. Maybe that is a good reason to do it. :twisted:

3. I definitely do not want to repeat the Platte Mtns. or Kenosha Mtns., they are fun but I've been there way too much.
As far as other repeats, I of course would like to do all new peaks, but a good outing with a large group can make repeats worthwhile. I have about a 1/4 life span to finish a list, which list? no way will I finish them all so its not really a big concern to me. Not that it isn't good to have the lists to have some incentive and new peaks to climb. Its all good.
DSunwall

Postby cftbq » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:16 pm

DSunwall wrote:1. I tried to make it a LOJ event, those 14Wers are pretty set in their ways, even Kevin posted the trip report over there and not here at all apparently :roll:

I'll gladly put up a TR for the portion I did. (Kevin: what's the matter with you??)

DSunwall wrote:Not that it isn't good to have the lists to have some incentive and new peaks to climb. Its all good.

My thoughts exactly. If you can't relish a few repeat peaks along the way in life, you're missing half the fun.
"from mountains high, I gained strength for my soul" --Dave Cousins
cftbq

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 pm

I'd love to do another one. The Tarryall thing sounds good, so does that other one on FW.com.

Can't guarantee I could do more than we did. Maybe with more sunlight or a better trail at the beginning/end (we wandered around a bit both in am and pm). Just my $.02. The option of making the loop shorter (the "bail-out) option makes it more appealing for those who either can't finish (me), or who have limited time (most of the other people who participated).

I'm going to post my TR on all 10 peaks' pages when I get time (not right now).
Jeremy Hakes

Postby Kevin Baker » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:12 pm

I usually don't post my TR's on here if they're already on 14erw, 14ers, and summitpost. To appease Dwight, I have posted my summitpost TR link for the LCW dash to Peak X.
Kevin Baker

Postby John Kirk » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:28 am

Kevin Baker wrote:I usually don't post my TR's on here if they're already on 14erw, 14ers, and summitpost.

I guess LoJ just isn't worthy...
:cry: Toliet :cry: :tongue: :cry: :evil: Toliet :oops: Toliet :disturbed:

Kidding of course....
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DSunwall » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Kevin Baker wrote:I usually don't post my TR's on here if they're already on 14erw, 14ers, and summitpost. To appease Dwight, I have posted my summitpost TR link for the LCW dash to Peak X.

what kind of lame excuse is that?! :toothless: and then its just a link to Summitpost, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa kids.
DSunwall

Previous

Return to Summit Hikes and Climbs