Lat Long Data in a list?

Potential lists to add to the existing array

Lat Long Data in a list?

Postby N7UN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 pm

For Oregon and Washington, I've got the basic lists by County but am looking for the summit coordinates (Lat/Long) for each. I really don't want to click into each Quad map where the coordinate data is shown to compile my list. Is there anyway to get a comma delimited file extract for each listing in Ore and Wash? My specific need is for SOTA (Summits on the Air) activities by ham radio operators. Thanks in advance, Guy, N7UN
N7UN

Re: Lat Long Data in a list?

Postby John Kirk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Wow you SOTA guys just don't quit (summits are a good thing). The lat and lon are hard to get to for a reason (I don't like my stuff being copied without permission).

Please make a donation before using my data. I will then send you the format you need.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby N7UN » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:24 pm

Done! And thanks for your great efforts in compiling this information. There isn't anyplace else that has such a complete list. Yes, SOTA (www.sota.org.uk) is the rage in Europe among the 500k ham radio operators. Just starting to catch on in North America where there are over 600k "hams". Hence my effort to encourage Oregon and Wash hams to "get outdoors and climb a summit!"
N7UN

Postby John Kirk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm

N7UN wrote:Done! And thanks for your great efforts in compiling this information. There isn't anyplace else that has such a complete list. Yes, SOTA (http://www.sota.org.uk) is the rage in Europe among the 500k ham radio operators. Just starting to catch on in North America where there are over 600k "hams". Hence my effort to encourage Oregon and Wash hams to "get outdoors and climb a summit!"

Thanks - do you want your donation to appear under 'N7UN' or the name I see in the Paypal notification? I've emailed you csv files for Oregon and Washington summits with P500+ interpolated prominence in WGS84 coordinates. (I believe 500' interpolated is the SOTA standard, or is it using optimistic p500?). Let me know if there is other data you need.

-John
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to Lists in the Works