Wilderness completion Maps

Potential lists to add to the existing array

Wilderness completion Maps

Postby John Kirk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 am

http://listsofjohn.com/wilderness/gmapwild.php

I'll link this into the front page once we get most of the wilderness areas (other states) listed.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Postby Steve Knapp » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Nice work John, that's a great enhancement. It helps to see where everything is at without worrying about county borders and such things.

LCW - looking good for me
Weminuche - Not so much!

I didn't see RMNP on the drop down, are you still working on that one?
Steve Knapp
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Postby JoeGrim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:48 am

Thanks for doing this, John!

I noticed though that only 5 of the 11 ranked peaks in the Comanche Peak Wilderness are listed for this map. I checked a couple other areas, and those were all good.
User avatar
JoeGrim
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Loveland, CO

Postby John Kirk » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 am

Steve Knapp wrote:Nice work John, that's a great enhancement. It helps to see where everything is at without worrying about county borders and such things.

LCW - looking good for me
Weminuche - Not so much!

I didn't see RMNP on the drop down, are you still working on that one?


Got it- It wasn't in there since it is a park vs. wilderness, but I put it in the dropdown.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Postby John Kirk » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 am

JFToujours wrote:Thanks for doing this, John!

I noticed though that only 5 of the 11 ranked peaks in the Comanche Peak Wilderness are listed for this map. I checked a couple other areas, and those were all good.


There are 16 actually. Forgot to wildcard the wilderness areas (where peaks belong to more than one area), so it was returning peaks belonging only to one area.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO

Postby JoeGrim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18 am

John Kirk wrote:
JFToujours wrote:Thanks for doing this, John!

I noticed though that only 5 of the 11 ranked peaks in the Comanche Peak Wilderness are listed for this map. I checked a couple other areas, and those were all good.


There are 16 actually. Forgot to wildcard the wilderness areas (where peaks belong to more than one area), so it was returning peaks belonging only to one area.


Thanks!
User avatar
JoeGrim
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Loveland, CO

Re: Wilderness completion Maps

Postby John Kirk » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:38 am

I have added the ArcGIS service layer boundaries (the improved boundaries):
http://listsofjohn.com/wilderness/gmapwild.php

AND, I added the MYTOPO map layer as well, so now we have topos integrated with google maps.
User avatar
John Kirk
LoJ Architect
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:04 am
Location: Lakewood, CO


Return to Lists in the Works

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest