List of "un"completed lists

Potential lists to add to the existing array

List of "un"completed lists

Postby Al Sandorff » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:02 pm

I recently noticed that a new peak was found in San Mateo (CA) County, now leaving my old hometown county unfinished once again. I thought it might make a neat idea to show a list of those that had a list "un"completed due to a new peak(s) being found, and have not yet "re"completed. Could work for any list whether quad, elevation, county, state, height, wilderness, prominence, isolation, national park, divide, steepest, and custom lists, though some of those are less likely than others.

Al
Al Sandorff

Re: List of "un"completed lists

Postby jdorje » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am

Possibly easier - and it might even already exist - would be a list of lists that you are above a certain completion level on, or similarly, a list of lists sorted by completion rate. That would make the 99% completed list jump out at you quickly.
jdorje

Postby John Paul » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi fellas - I could be off base but it seems to me a lot of this already exist on the progress maps under Member Tools and on the state level details under an individual members profile. Maybe not for new peaks but with the exception to the recent Joe Grim dump, not many new ranked peaks have been added.

Hey jdorje do you have an account in the LoJ List of Peaks page? I did not notice one under your forum nom de guerre...
John Paul

Postby John Kirk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 am

Pertaining to Al's request specifically, there have been a number of "uncompletions" that have occurred in finding new peaks. I've completed Park County CO three times, and Chaffee twice. County completion dates (and peak data add/modification dates) are not stored as such with reference to which peaks were part of the list at the time of completion. You could see how trying to create such a means of tracking this would be extremely complicated (and resource-intensive - A table for every member and county completion, created at the time of completion, housing all the peaks at the time of completion compared against the current set of peaks in a county.
:worms:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to Lists in the Works