Mike Offerman completes Larimer County!

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Mike Offerman completes Larimer County!

Postby lukePlumley » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:42 am

Mike Offerman completed Larimer County on Kruger Rock on October 14. He is the 2nd person in history to accomplish this feat. Congratulations Mike! A long, hard-fought battle comes to its conclusion. What did you enjoy most about this task? Least? Wish I could join you for your next project.

lp
lukePlumley

Re: Mike Offerman completes Larimer County!

Postby JoeGrim » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 am

Way to go, Mike! And what a wonderful little summit to finish on! I hope you were able to have good views.

What would you say was your favorite peak? Hardest peak? Favorite unnamed peak?
JoeGrim

Postby TWorth » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:12 am

Awesome Mike! Congrats on a major accomplishment. Really enjoyed joining you for a few of those fine peaks, even the occasional crappy one.

So...did you check out The Finger after Kruger Rock? Or are you saving it for the rain and fog, just like on your Sharkstooth lead? :toothless:
TWorth

Postby mikeofferman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks everyone! When I first started working on these guys, it seemed a little overwhelming. It is a little bittersweet to finish this list, but it was a great excuse to see much of the county I have lived in my entire life (though on some of the peaks it was a bit dark). Plus a good way to meet a bunch of new hiking partners.

JFToujours wrote:I hope you were able to have good views. What would you say was your favorite peak? Hardest peak? Favorite unnamed peak?

We did have good views, though a bit windy. I don't think that there was another person in the entire park! Sharkstooth was definitly the hardest climbing wise, for long days I would say the Rawah loop, the Isolation loop and the Comanche loop. All long days, but amazing areas! My favorite unnamed peaks would probably be UN12220 in the Rawah wilderness, or the group of 6 unnamed peaks around Turkey Roost.

TWorth wrote:did you check out The Finger after Kruger Rock?

No finger for me, I only lead on wet cold days!
mikeofferman

Postby John Kirk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:40 pm

Good job Mike - guess you'll be done with Boulder next hike?
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby stevemartin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 am

Mike, I just learned! Congratulations!! I have enjoyed getting out on some of the Larimer County peaks with you, and will always treasure the epic winter day we shared on UN 9980D with Tim Worth, Carolyn Randall, Terri Gerrard, Joe Grim, and Frede Grim. I agree with the listings of Larimer County peaks you give as some of the real dandies in terms of lasting impressions. They tend to be the ones I tell people about, too! I'm happy for you. Steve
stevemartin

Postby Rick Witting » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 am

Congrats Mike! I'd still like to get out with you in the Never Summers. Hopefully next year.
Rick Witting

Return to Colorado Peaks