Congrats to Doug Hatfield, El Paso county finisher!

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Congrats to Doug Hatfield, El Paso county finisher!

Postby Kevin Baker » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Congrats to Doug Hatfield on becoming the 2nd person to finish all ranked 37 peaks of El Paso county, CO. Doug completed the list 3/15 with ascents of Holcolm Hills and 7190 on the prairie. He was also nice enough to repeat the elusive 7150B with Susan Paul and Patrick Lilly, which is surrounded by a 10 foot fence on an elk preserve. Rumor has it that a moonlight ascent may have been the ticket. How about a TR, Doug? What list is up next?
Kevin Baker

Postby lukePlumley » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Way to go Doug!

Glad to see someone else finally caught up to Kevin on this one. Which peaks were your favorites????

lp
lukePlumley

Postby DHatfield » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 am

Thanks guys!!

Luke - My favorites were: Mount Vigil because of the scrambling though this is not a ranked peak. Point 10,245 for the views of Pikes, Mays Peak for the great views with everything covered in morning frost and clouds socked in peak below me while I was enjoying brilliant sunshine. All the other we great too as I greatly enjoy all hikes.

Kevin - More then likely Teller County. I want to be more like you :-)
DHatfield

Postby John Kirk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:49 am

Good job Doug. Speaking of Teller, we'll have to join forces for McReynolds and rig a fixed line or something to that effect... Good project for this coming fall.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby DHatfield » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 am

Definately John - let me know when and I'm there. I'm sure is the hardest in Teller.
DHatfield

Re: Congrats to Doug Hatfield, El Paso county finisher!

Postby susanjoypaul » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Kevin Baker wrote:He was also nice enough to repeat the elusive 7150B with Susan Paul and Patrick Lilly, which is surrounded by a 10 foot fence on an elk preserve.

And don't think I didn't appreciate it ;-) This isn't the first time - and it probably won't be the last - I've said: "I can't believe you're doing THIS one - again!"

Nice job Doug - you two timin' peak baggin' highpoint hittin' fool! Here's to many more little gold spinning stars :-)
So much to climb - so little time!
susanjoypaul

Return to Colorado Peaks