Bob Martin's CO Summits logged

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Bob Martin's CO Summits logged

Postby John Kirk » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:31 pm

I have put in all of Bob's Colorado ascents. Remarkably, I also have the dates for all his peaks less than 12k elevation. At some point, I may take a trip to AZ in order to copy hand-written notes and get dates for 12k+.
http://listsofjohn.com/CompletionAll.php?M=Bob+Martin

I have a lists of all his AZ ascents, and will add those once we get Arizona's peaks listed in the database. He has done around 2,600 p300s in AZ, a similar total as that of CO. He also has a list of all county HPs and all peaks outside CO and AZ to add.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Jeremy Hakes » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:13 am

Good lord. Thanks for putting this together, John. Did you get this from Tim? I have the (same?) file for CO. Looks like I will have to update his "completion" of a few counties.
Jeremy Hakes

Postby lukePlumley » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks for doing this John. I love to have more history on this site.
lukePlumley

Postby John Kirk » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:30 am

Jeremy Hakes wrote:Good lord. Thanks for putting this together, John. Did you get this from Tim? I have the (same?) file for CO. Looks like I will have to update his "completion" of a few counties.

I got an assortment of files through contacting his son Brian, including the up-to-date version of the file Tim passed along.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby RyanSchilling » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:34 pm

That's awesome, John. A nice tribute!
RyanSchilling

Postby TWorth » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Good to see Bob getting his due - his record speaks for itself. Glad I got to hike with the man in his later years.

Bob's prior research in that excel file was instrumental in compiling the CO peak list on this site. He had worked for a long time identifying ranked summits, and enjoyed seeing the project completed. I certainly learned of many interesting summits in CO while working with him.
TWorth

Return to Colorado Peaks