"Rawah Pyramid"

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

"Rawah Pyramid"

Postby GerryRoach » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:41 am

Well, I finally got around to counting up my 12ers - 245 of them.

While going through the lists I noticed a difference between mine and John's.
John lists Point 12,060 in the Rawahs as "Rawah Pyramid."
I came up with that name, and put it on Point 12,460, which is a soft rank summit a little farther north, hence not on John's list.
For Point 12,060, I use the name "DoDad Peak."
I know, it's a goofy name, but sometimes the sillys grab me. You see, it's a daffy-double entendre. The peak is so simple that even Dads can do it and I am encouraging them with the name. Also, the peak is so simple that it's nothing but a dodad for a hardened peak bagger. So, the big question was should I spell it Dodad or DoDad? After meditating in a high altitude cave for 7 years, I decided to spell it DoDad, since it's wierder, more evocative, and a stronger encouragement for all the Dads out there. Ha! I'll bet you never imagined that I thought so hard about so little. OK, I'm kidding about the cave.
GerryRoach

Postby John Kirk » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:54 pm

I remember Ryan mentioning something about this a while back. Anyway, I made the change. As a dad, someday, I'll have to do it. Then I can say "Daddy done did dat DoDad". :disturbed:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby markhyams » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:08 pm

I did a six-day backpack up there a few years ago, and I'm sad I didn't climb DoDad. We were basin-hopping, and we went from Island Lake to Twin Crater Lakes over the pass directly west of DoDad, so I was so close! Not sure when I'll make it back there, but I did manage to go up S Rawah while there.

Mark
markhyams

Return to Colorado Peaks