Dhgold finishes 13ers!

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Dhgold finishes 13ers!

Postby Alyson Kirk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Congratulations to Dhgold for finishing the 13ers today on Eagles Nest. With the late start this summer for the higher peaks due to snow and a hefty list of not-easy-to-get-to 13ers, Dave was able to pull it off!

What's next Dave? 12ers? :wicked:
Alyson Kirk

Re: Dhgold finishes 13ers!

Postby TeresaGergen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Congrats, Dave! Have been watching for this all summer. Really glad you were able to make it work this year. I'm sure you'll be plowing through the 12ers soon!

I hope you'll turn in your completion info to the CMC. The editor of the Trail and Timberline has been working with us already to get this year's completions recorded.
TeresaGergen

Postby John Paul » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:08 am

Way to go Dave! It's nice to see the twirling star next to the 13ers on your Colorado member stats page. You have decidedly worked hard on that list, major congrats! jp
John Paul

Postby Ryan Kowalski » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:05 am

Nice Dave! What an incredible list to finish! Your peakbagging skills are off the charts! Eagles Nest seems like a great finisher. With lists this big and long it is always interesting to see what the final peak ends up being. Usually something remote or difficult (i.e. Lizard Head). Great job and good luck on whatever comes next.
Ryan Kowalski

Postby Steve Knapp » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Late congrats, but awesome job Dave! You really ripped through the 13er list quite quickly once you set your mind to it. All while doing many other peaks too. Thanks for your occasional trip report, especially on lower technical peaks with little beta. I enjoyed the drone assisted story very much, despite any controversy it may have raised with other climbers.
Steve Knapp

Return to Colorado Peaks