Kirks Complete Pueblo

Discuss Colorado's Peaks

Kirks Complete Pueblo

Postby Brian Kalet » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:59 pm

John & Alyson Kirk became the 6th & 7th people to climb all the ranked peaks of Pueblo County on March 2nd, 2014!
Brian Kalet

Re: Kirks Complete Pueblo

Postby Alyson Kirk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Thanks Brian!

Also, thanks for your involvement with repeats such as Booth to help make our Pueblo completion come true.
Alyson Kirk

Postby lukePlumley » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Fantastic completion John and Alyson! Which one is the worst down there (not including the Ft. Carson peak)?

lp
lukePlumley

Postby mikeofferman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Congrats! Will have to get down there and start working on some of those next winter.
mikeofferman

Postby John Paul » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:54 am

John & Alyson - That’s John’s twentieth CO county & Alyson’s third. I just have to say you two are simply amazing! I didn’t realize Pueblo’s high point is a 12er - Greenhorn Mountain CO - very cool. Kevin Baker’s technique to climb Booth Mountain CO was very creative & interesting- did y’all do something similar? Looks like most of the 9 ranked peaks have trip reports which is pretty cool. Again way to go Kirks!

Also, I just noticed y’all plus Brian Kalet finished (in 2 days) Harding county NM’s 10 ranked peaks on 2/9/2014 - That's awesome!
John Paul

Postby John Kirk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am

lukePlumley wrote:Fantastic completion John and Alyson! Which one is the worst down there (not including the Ft. Carson peak)?

Probably 7635. None of them are all that bad, but going up this one was not pleasant for the final 600' gain.

johnpaul wrote:Kevin Baker’s technique to climb Booth Mountain CO was very creative & interesting- did y’all do something similar?

It's about the only sane way to go (plus, there are 8 other ranked peaks that this process allows access for). The process has changed a little, and is more streamlined as far as knowing when you can access areas (it's posted online). The permit is now $35. See http://fortcarson.isportsman.net/.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby MikeRodenak » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Nice job John and Alyson!
MikeRodenak

Postby Steve Knapp » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Congrats John and Aly! I just noticed this thread. This must be the first Colorado county you finished together, that is pretty neat.

I'm glad you didn't have to resort to anything more creative or insane to hike Booth. A 12 mile night hike through the cactus would be just crazy, not that anyone would ever attempt such a thing. That's great that Ft. Carson is still letting people onto the base with a range pass.
Steve Knapp

Return to Colorado Peaks