Personal Messages

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

Personal Messages

Postby Swithich » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Is there a way to send personal messages to other members or do we just have to use the forums for that (or summitpost)?

-Swithich
Swithich

Re: Personal Messages

Postby KentonB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 am

Swithich, you should be able to simply click on a user's name (thus bringing up their profile) and then click the "Send Private Message" hyperlink. I'll try sending you one right after I post this.

-Kent
KentonB

Postby Swithich » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 am

Thanks. So you can send one over the forums, but not over the general site. I was wondering as I wanted to see if someone wanted to go climbing. I'm not sure if all members have both a forum account and a general site account as I think they are different.

But this works for now.

Thanks for the quick reply.

-Swithich
Swithich

Postby KentonB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Swithich wrote:Thanks. So you can send one over the forums, but not over the general site.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post, when you said "use the forums", I thought you meant the open forums. To the best of my knowledge, no, there is no way to message someone over the non-forum LoJ page.
KentonB

Postby davebobk47 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:21 am

KentonB wrote:
Swithich wrote:Thanks. So you can send one over the forums, but not over the general site.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post, when you said "use the forums", I thought you meant the open forums. To the best of my knowledge, no, there is no way to message someone over the non-forum LoJ page.

I believe that is correct. If they are registered on the Lists page but not in the forum you can't message them. You might check for the same username on SummitPost or 14ers to get a hold of the person - I've done that before.
davebobk47

Postby Swithich » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay thanks. I'll try that.

-Swithich
Swithich

Return to Site FAQ's