member updates page

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

member updates page

Postby mikeofferman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

I was wondering on the member updates page, how it is determined how far back each section (fourteeners, thirteeners, etc) goes is determined?

For example, today, the thirteeners section goes back to November 8th, while the eighters section goes back to March 10th.

http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/memberupdates.php?S=CO
mikeofferman

Postby John Kirk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:03 pm

It is based on the number of rows to return in the query rather than the date. In the summer, the 13ers section could be only one week to use 120 rows, where 120 rows is now taking several months. The Eighters section is more popular in the winter/spring, so 40 rows is taking only a couple weeks, whereas in summer months it would take several months to turn over.

If you have a suggestion to improve this, let me know. The 13er section was the only one to expand out of necessity at the time and I didn't give much thought to the rest.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Re: member updates page

Postby John Kirk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:52 pm

I made some changes to the display - now it is the last 30 days at a minimum for any category, and if there aren't more than 40 in the last 30 days, then 40 are displayed in that category. Some categories do not have 40 peaks ascended in the complete history, believe it or not...
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to Site FAQ's