"Grid" errors

Questions about how this site works or problems you are experiencing can be addressed here.

"Grid" errors

Postby MikeRodenak » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:08 pm

John-

I noticed on my "grid" presentation for the highest 100 that Atlantic is checked as being in winter erroneously, as I actually climbed it on December 10th, before winter started. Looks like there may be other errors as well to teh winter 14ers in "grid" presentation based on a post by Dwight on (gaps) another forum? Not sure if it is tagging the months and thus picking them up as winter in error? I have other peaks that I have climbed in winter but also in Dec and/or Mar outside of winter, so those checks are accurate because of say a Jan ascent, Atlantic is my only one that was in a month which overlaps seasons but that I have not done in winter. Not sure if this is a common problem or not, but seeing as I know of at least 2 people (myself and Dwight) that have noticed similar errors I thought I would bring it up.

Thanks! And thanks for the hard work you do on this site!

Mike
MikeRodenak

Re: "Grid" errors

Postby DSunwall » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:55 pm

One error I am aware of with my 14er grid Winter checkmark is Bierstadt. I have climbed it Dec 15 and March 30. There is one more error somewhere I think.
DSunwall

Postby John Kirk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Fixed. Forgot to add the Id of the peak to the query once a Dec/Mar ascent is identified and interrogated for the date in each month (Jan + Feb are always winter), so it was counting any Dec/Mar ascent as winter if any other peak had been done in winter.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby MikeRodenak » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks John!
MikeRodenak

Return to Site FAQ's