14 world

Discuss general site topics

14 world

Postby DSunwall » Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 am

Most of you probably know 14W has shut it's doors. This seems like the obvious place to move, can LOJ handle extra traffic and a deluge of trip reports? I'm not sure how many will gravitate here, this place operates different so some will have difficulties adjusting.
DSunwall

Re: 14 world

Postby PaulStratmoen » Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 am

I was thinking the same thing. What would be really nice (but probably not practical), would be to have the 14erWorld trip reports incorporated into the respective LOJ peak pages. I imagine, however, that putting something like that together would be a HUGE undertaking, not to mention the legalities and other issues involved :worms:. Personally, I copied all of our trip reports from 14erWorld (110 in total covering around 200 peaks), and as I get the time will try to go through them and post any useful information as trip reports on the respective LOJ peak pages.

One thing that'd be nice would be to be able to send private messages to other LOJ members. Is that something that could be incorporated into this forum? :wiz:
Last edited by PaulStratmoen on Thu May 17, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulStratmoen

Postby DSunwall » Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 am

You can, I just sent you one.
DSunwall

Postby PaulStratmoen » Thu May 17, 2012 8:03 am

I hadn't noticed the private messages before :oops: - I guess that's because I'm usually not logged in when looking at this forum.

I did not receive your message, however. I'll try sending you one.

EDIT: I just sent you one, although it seems to be locked up in my outbox. Does it take a while for the messages to get sent?
PaulStratmoen

Postby davebobk47 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:02 am

Messages remain in your outbox until they are read. - its a bit different than MS Outlook.

While I welcome more TRs I hope the forum here doesn't turn into a circus. I used to be active on 14ers.com forum but it got to be too much. While still a great site I don't use the forum there much.
davebobk47

Postby DSunwall » Thu May 17, 2012 9:09 am

davebobk47 wrote:While I welcome more TRs I hope the forum here doesn't turn into a circus. I used to be active on 14ers.com forum but it got to be too much. While still a great site I don't use the forum there much.
14ers.com is the worst by far, 14W was better, I doubt the 14ers.com crowd will move here, I hope not. The people still doing the 14ers won't find much of interest here.
DSunwall

Postby RyanSchilling » Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 am

Not a bad idea, Dwight. LoJ certainly accommodates the obscurity well, since no peak is left behind.

I guess we'll have to wait and see where the refugees migrate to (if anywhere).

:rip: 14erWorld
RyanSchilling

Return to General