AccuTerra iPhone app now integrated with LoJ data

Discuss general site topics

AccuTerra iPhone app now integrated with LoJ data

Postby jphebus » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 am

Hi everybody,

If you have an iPhone and want a sweet outdoor GPS app complete with LoJ data, check out AccuTerra Unlimited. I don't want to sound too spammy here, but I'll give a very brief rundown of this app.

1) With the Unlimited app you have access to recreation maps in the lower 48 plus Hawaii. These maps can be downloaded to your phone via a grid interface or by major recreation area (e.g. San Isabel National Forest or Yosemite National Park)

2) The GPS tracking capability is available with or without a cell signal. Make sure you download maps before heading into the wilderness.

3) The LoJ data (used with John's permission of course - thanks so much!) is accessible as a rendered vector POI. You can click on these points within the app and get elevation data and distance from your current location. Each summit also links from the app to the individual LoJ summit page.

Once again, thanks to John for allowing us to embed his data on AccuTerra. Feel free to ask me any questions, and I hope you enjoy it.

Jim
jphebus

Re: AccuTerra iPhone app now integrated with LoJ data

Postby DSunwall » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:08 am

any chance of developing this for Android? 8) I know it would be a complete rebuild. Sounds interesting though.
DSunwall

Postby jphebus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 am

Sadly there are no plans for Android at this time. It was on the table earlier this year, but we don't currently have the funding to develop AccuTerra on a new platform. We do get this request often, so I'm hoping that at some point in the future it will happen.
jphebus

Postby John Kirk » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:04 pm

This is a really cool app - I highly recommend it.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to General