List of peaks in a certain YDS class

Discuss general site topics

List of peaks in a certain YDS class

Postby CandaceS » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:24 pm

I'm interested in generating a list of peaks in a certain YDS class in a given county. For example, all the class 1 peaks in Summit County, CO. Or all the class 2 peaks in Mono County, CA.

How can I do this? Hopefully I'm not overlooking something obvious, like I did with my last question! :oops:
CandaceS

Re: List of peaks in a certain YDS class

Postby KentonB » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:45 pm

I don't think there's a way to do this for a particular county, however, John Kirk recently added a capability on map pages to display all the YDS ratings for peaks appearing on the map. This might get you what you're after.

If you open up a full-screen map, in the control box at the lower-right, there is now a link to "Add YDS Colors". It's a really great feature!
KentonB

Postby Tom Pierce » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 am

Thanks Kenton for pointing that out! I didn't even know that existed. It's not like I need that to find 5th class peaks, but it's a cool feature nonetheless. Pretty neat to see the clustering.

-Tom
Tom Pierce

Postby CandaceS » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Thanks, Kenton!
CandaceS

Postby CandaceS » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:15 pm

This is very handy for me right now. I can readily pick out easy peaks I haven't done so I can keep hiking. (Still an allowed form of exercise in Nevada, for the moment at least!). I don't want to be the dolt who requires a SAR call out, nor do I want to go to the hospital right now. :oops:
CandaceS

Return to General