Bookmarking Peaks (for mobile)

Discuss general site topics

Bookmarking Peaks (for mobile)

Postby John Kirk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:48 pm

This is designed for those of us who repeat the same peaks a lot i.e. John Prater, John Paul, Rick Baugher, Paul Stratmoen etc. I only have created a mobile version at this point. If there is voiced demand for a "full site" version of this I can get that going also.

To skip a lot of steps it takes to log the same peaks frequently, I've designed a page where all the peaks a user has individually selected show up on one page, ready for adding ascents from a single page location. Prior to this, a member must search for peaks from a list or individually and add ascents.

To configure, go to your Control Panel:
_.png

Then, select "Bookmark Peaks"
_2.png

Type the search phrase, or search by County:
IMG_0105.PNG

Add from the list:
_3.png

Confirmation, and a link to the bookmarks list:
_5.png

The home page will now also show a bookmarks link:
IMG_0110.PNG

Once on the bookmarks page, you can add ascents of the peaks you've added, or add more peaks to the bookmarks list. Also note the "Remove" link that allows removal of peaks from the bookmarked list:
IMG_0111.PNG
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Re: Bookmarking Peaks (for mobile)

Postby John Paul » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks John - This is truly a fabulous feature. I've stumbled & fumbled around trying to find a peak too many times. Now we can post on the go! Again, thanks for this feature and all you do...JP
:rock:
John Paul

Postby John Paul » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:00 am

I've been using this bookmark feature for a couple of days now and it works really well. Also, I really like the addition of being able to view my last 30 days of peaks which appears on the screen after logging the peak. That seems like you added it recently. Can't say it enough -> Nice job! JP
John Paul

Postby John Kirk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:47 am

It's been something I seem to have thought about every time I log my peaks for the past few months, and I finally got around to it. For people who don't repeat peaks often, there is also an application for this in adding peaks you expect to ascend before you ascend them, so that you can add them efficiently when needed. Cuts down on total page load times and typing in search parameters from summits. :disturbed:
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Return to General