Class Rating History/Documentation

Discuss general site topics

Class Rating History/Documentation

Postby John Kirk » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Every wonder where those pesky class ratings come from and why they keep changing?
Class 2 WTF?!! It's class 4 on a good day... Who gave it that rating?... Now I see it's changed WTFx2?!!

I've gone through all the history I have from emails (and a table that stored this info for the last 2 years) to put together the history of ratings and where they came from:
_.png

This is viewed by clicking on the "discussion" link adjacent to the class rating:
a_.png

There are about 2,000 ratings I haven't identified sources for yet, many from guidebooks, but I have identified over 6,000 ratings.

As a heads up, class ratings, the rater, and their comments are now viewable for every rating provided. Any time someone posts a comment or alternate rating, It notifies me and all other raters of the peak in question so that we can be alerted to the comment and respond/revise if necessary.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Re: Class Rating History/Documentation

Postby John Paul » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:42 am

John - I think this is an excellent feature that you have added to the site. This site just keep getting better and better.

One quick question/comment: Do you think it would be possible to be more specific in the YDS rating in terms of what route (e.g. SW Ridge Class 3) is being rated? Just a thought, I'm happy with the way it is...

Thanks, JP
John Paul

Postby John Kirk » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:54 pm

John Paul wrote:John - I think this is an excellent feature that you have added to the site. This site just keep getting better and better.

One quick question/comment: Do you think it would be possible to be more specific in the YDS rating in terms of what route (e.g. SW Ridge Class 3) is being rated? Just a thought, I'm happy with the way it is...

Thanks, JP

There is a comment field that accompanies class ratings that I think is the best way to add in details.
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Brian Crim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:51 am

I really like this new feature. Way to go John!

I would wonder if it would be worth requiring comments? The discussion on Goose Rock was a great example of comments being helpful, but I wonder if it would have been the same if the ratings had just been submitted without the discussion.
Brian Crim

Postby mikeofferman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Not sure you would want to force a comment on everything, there are too many class 2 walk through the woods type ratings. Maybe just something to entice them to enter comments on any noteworthy information.
mikeofferman

Return to General