Layne completes CO!

Discuss geopolitical area highpoints, prominence, and similar lists.

Layne completes CO!

Postby John Kirk » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:19 am

Another Colorado County Highpoint completer - Way to go Layne. You definitely covered your bases with the problematic extras not mentioned in the Mitchler/Covill book. Are you now truly liberated from lists?
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Postby Layne Bracy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:31 am

Thanks, John! I know myself too well to say that I'm done with lists. But, for now, I do not have another major list in mind that I am working on to complete. I will continue to enjoy tracking all the lists here regardless.

I do want to do a November 14er to complete doing one in every calender month. Besides that, I have a somewhat random collection of peaks that interest me - Citadel, Meeker, Ice, N/S Arapaho, and would like to get into the IPW, RMNP, and the Gores.

Summer is still young!
Layne Bracy

Postby kirkmallory » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:42 pm

Congrats Layne! I guess you're number 18? I still have to decide if it's worth going back to get that southern area of Bent County. I know Teresa hopes to finish this year, but she's busy working on a much larger list right now, so it likely won't be until September or even October.
kirkmallory

Postby Layne Bracy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:55 pm

Thanks, Kirk! My altimeter showed the northern area to be higher by 15-20 feet, although I suppose air pressure can change that much in a couple hours. You might just wait until Mitchler/Covill return to re-survey the area. Personally, I consider the northern area sufficient.
Layne Bracy

Return to Highpoints, Prominence & Etc.