albee completes the entire state of New Hampshire

Discuss anything pertaining to mountains of the U.S.

Re: albee completes the entire state of New Hampshire

Postby albee » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:13 am

Thank you all for the messages and recognition. Sorry for not responding sooner, as I rarely check these forums and I had no idea this thread existed until today.

My gratitude goes out to Roy and the Peakmaster, who truly have a wealth of information and experience that were so helpful in my pursuit of these NH peaks. Roy in particular provided me with more motivation than he knows.

As for the hiking on this list, there was nothing technical or particularly difficult, aside from long days, lots of driving, and plenty of bushwhacking. Access and private property issues were the most challenging part, with up to 30 peaks requiring some combination of landowner permission or stealth. There was only one peak that a landowner specifically denied me permission to, with their reasons being that some of the land had been recently logged, and they didn't want to be liable if a tree fell on me... (I proceeded to hike up it the very next day, anyway.) Most landowners were very kind and helpful, though a number of them didn't quite understand this curious pastime of ours. I met a lot of nice people along the way, and hiked with some people that have become my closest friends.

Finally, I'd like to dedicate this achievement to the memories of Edward and Adam. I am happy to say I had the chance to hike with them both. Their passings have inspired me to make the most of every day, and to explore this beautiful, wonderous world as often as I can, and especially with a friend whenever possible. Life's too short to spend so much time alone in the woods.

Regards,

Alan Bernier
albee

Re: albee completes the entire state of New Hampshire

Postby John Kirk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:02 pm

...and now Vermont! Impressive
:brapper
John Kirk
LoJ Architect

Previous

Return to US Mountains